If one of your MS Office programs (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint) crashes, the Felix menu and toolbar might not appear the next time you start that program. This could be because Office has disabled the Felix add-in.
To enable the add-in, do the following.
On Office 2000/XP/2003
- From the Help menu, select About Microsoft Office XXX (where XXX is Word, Excel, or PowerPoint).
- At the bottom of the dialog box, click Disabled Items.
- If Felix is on the list, enable it, and restart the program.
On Office 2007
- Click on the Office button (the round button in the upper left of the window).
- Click on Word/Excel/PowerPoint Options.
- In the left panel, click Add-ins.
If Felix is in the list of disabled add-ins, then set the “Manage” list at the bottom of the window to “COM Add-ins”, and click Go. Select the “Felix Addin” checkbox, and click OK.
If Felix isn’t on the list of disabled items, set the “Manage” list at the bottom to “Disabled Items”, and click Go. Enable “Felix Addin”, and click OK.
- Close the Options dialog, and restart Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
If the problem persists
If the problem persists, please consider sending me your Felix log files. To do this:
- From the Start menu, select All Programs >> Assistant Suite >> Felix >> Show Logs.
- Click the Send button.
- If you use Microsoft Outlook for email, it will ask you if you want to give permission for an external program to use email. Allow access, and then send the email with the log files attached.