I’ve just released version 1.6.5 of Felix.
Below are the main improvements and bug fixes in this release.
- Quality Check
- Raise Felix on operation
- More files can be opened simultaneously
- Bug fix: “Get” command in Excel erased cell if there was no translation
- Bug fix: Failure to import some TMX files
- Bug fix: Strip Tags action
1. Quality Check
Felix now has a QC feature, which lets you perform quality checks on TMs. To enable the feature, open the Memory Manager, and click “QC Settings”.
To QC a TM, click “QC” in the Memory Manager. Enable “Perform live checking” to check TM entries as they are added.
2. Raise Felix on operation
The Office Add-ins (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) have an option to raise the Felix window whenever a Felix command is executed (such as a lookup or retrieval).
To enable this option, go to the Felix Properties, and select the “Raise Felix window on Felix operation” checkbox.
3. More files can be opened simultaneously
The size of the “Open Dialog” buffer has been increased, so that it should be possible to open at least 500 TM/glossary files at the same time.
4. Bug fix: “Get” command in Excel erased cell if there was no translation
If the “Get” command was executed in Excel when there was no translation, it would erase the cell’s contents.
5. Bug fix: Failure to import some TMX files
Felix was failing to import certain types of TMX file.
6. Bug fix: Strip Tags action
If the Strip Tags action caused a field to become empty (i.e. it only consisted of formatting tags, and no content), then it would cause an error, aborting the operation and leaving the TM empty.