I’ve just released version 1.6.4 of Felix.
The main fixes and improvements are as follows.
- Bug fix: Felix was failing to load corrupt TMs
- “Details” links for Felix matches
- Simple glossary view
- Expanded COM API
- Default context
- Memory Manager: Undo action added for deleted records
- Search Window: Searches are now faster
- Search Window: Delete search results
- Search Window: Able to search by TM/glossary name
- Excel: Hidden cells are skipped
- PowerPoint bug fix: Could not cancel from “Next Slide” dialog
1. Bug fix: Felix was failing to load corrupt TMs
Felix would sometimes fail to load corrupt TMs. This was fixed so that the user has the option of discarding the corrupt/invalid entry and continuing.
2. “Details” links for Felix matches
There are now “Details” links ([>>] in glossary windows) to view details about translation and glossary matches. Click a link to view information such as the date the record was created, who created it, and how many times it has been used.
3. Simple glossary view
You can now choose a streamlined glossary view, with only the minimum information displayed. This allows more matches to fit on the screen, and makes it easier to check glossary matches.
To toggle between full and simple view, select View >> Simple View.
4. Expanded COM API
The COM interface has been expanded considerably. Now it is possible to load and save TMs/glossaries, set TM/glossary properties, iterate through records, and more.
5. Default context
You can now set a default context entry for all new translations you add. To do so, go to the Memory Manager (Tools >> Memory Manager), and click “Edit” for the desired TM/glossary. Next, enter a context value and click Submit.
Note that default context values are for that TM/glossary only, and only apply for the current session. This will be improved in a future release.
6. Memory Manager: Undo action added for deleted records
It’s now possible to undo a deleted entry from the Browse page.
7. Search Window: Searches are now faster
The searches in the Search Window are now considerably faster if you have a large TM/glossary.
8. Search Window: Delete search results
There is now an option to delete all matching results in the Search Window. This is useful when you want to delete many entries at once. It is also useful for splitting TMs/glossaries: if you first save the search results to a separate TM, and then delete them from the current one, you have split your TM.
9. Search Window: Able to search by TM/glossary name
You can now use the “mem:” or “gloss:” tag to search in a specific TM or glossary. In the Search Window, click “Search Help” to get a full list of available tags, with examples.
10. Excel: Hidden cells are skipped
Hidden cells are skipped in Excel when using the “Look up Next” action, auto translation, or register glossary/memory action
11. PowerPoint bug fix: Could not cancel from “Next Slide” dialog
Clicking Cancel in the Next Slide dialog would just bring that dialog up again until you made a choice and clicked OK. It’s now possible to cancel.