I’ve just released version 1.5.3 of Felix.
This release includes several bug fixes and feature enhancements, especially relating to remote memories and adding glossary terms. See below for details.
Improved Support for Remote Memories
- Bug fix: Editing a remote translation/glossary entry from Felix added a new one, instead of editing the existing one
- Bug fix: Mixed half/full-width glossary entries were not always found in Memory Serves
- Bug fix: Name showed up as [New] in Memory/Glossary Manager
- Bug fix: Name showed up as [New] for concordance searches
- Bug fix: Created by/modified by information was not preserved in remote entries
- Bug fix: The source and target languages were not shown in the Memory/Glossary Manager dialog boxes
Easier to Add Glossary Entries
- If the a glossary text box is empty, the selection on the left is used as the source/translation
- Bug fix: F3 button brought up blank Add Glossary dialog when reviewing translations or viewing a query with no translation candidates
- Bug fix: Text was not preserved between source and HTML tabs
- Bug fix: When editing advanced properties in the Add Glossary dialog, it is not necessary to enter a source or translation
- The Advanced dialog for glossary entries has a “Make defaults” checkbox, to set default values for all glossary entries added
- Bug fix: If all text was removed from the glossary text boxes, the formatting was retained
- The “Add to” list box setting is preserved after closing the Add Glossary dialog box.
Improvements to Search Window
- Keyboard shortcuts: New Search (Alt+N), Search Page (Alt+S), Replace Page (Alt+R), and Show/Hide Help (Alt+H)
- When all filters are deleted, does not show all records
- The number of records changed is displayed after the Replace All button is pressed.
Other Felix Improvements
- Bug fix: Switching views in glossary windows did not always cause new search to be conducted
- Bug fix: Glossary window background color preferences were not reflected in saved preference files
- Bug fix: Match coloring did not use CSS preferences for the word-based algorithm
- Bug fix: Needed to run as admin to use “Check for updates” feature from Windows Vista/Windows 7
Improvements to the Microsoft Office Interfaces
- Maximum cell length for adding glossaries/TMs increased from 1,024 to 32,767 characters
- Common abbreviations are no longer recognized as ends of sentences (“Mr.”, “Mrs.”, “Ms.”, “Dr.”, “e.g.”, and “i.e.”)
- Bug fix: Canceling Felix Preferences dialog in Word still changed settings
… plus other minor fixes and improvements