Align Assist Translation File Alignment Tool
Download Align Assist version 1.5.1
Create TMs from Legacy Translations
Align Assist is a free tool
that aligns source and translation files to create a
translation memory (TM).
Align Assist supports a large number of file formats. Below
are some of the main formats supporteed.
- Microsoft® Word (.doc, .rtf)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls, .csv)
Using Align Assist
- To start Align Assist, from the Windows Start menu,
select All Programs >>
Assistant Suite >>
Align Assist >>
- After Align Assist starts, select a source file and a
translation file. You can also enter a URL for the source
or translation (or both).
- Next, click Align.
Align Assist loads the two files, and displays their segments
in a grid.
- Use the various commands to make sure that the
segments line up.
- Save the file as a Felix TM by selecting
File >> Save (Ctrl + S).
- Split: Split the selected segment into two segments.
- Merge: Merge the selected segments into a single segment.
- Delete: Delete the selected segment(s).
- Swap: Swap the selected segments. If three or more segments
are selected, then the top and bottom rows will be swapped.
Use the Undo (Ctrl+Z) command to undo any errors. You can double click a cell
to edit it; right clicking brings up a context menu with available commands.
Saving Aligned Memories
After you finish aligning the source and translation files, save the results as a Felix
You can also save intermediate results, so you can save your work and continue aligning
later. To save an intermediate file, select File >> Save As,
and set "Files of type" to "Intermediate Result (*.aares). Then the next time you launch Align Assist,
from the main window, select File >> Open, and select your
Felix Mailing List
Visit this group
Use this group to discuss and ask questions about Felix and any of the applications that come with Felix, including Align Assist.