7.3. Setting Preferences in Excel¶
To configure the preferences, select Felix >> User Preferences. The Felix Preferences dialog appears.
There are three tabs in the Felix Preferences dialog: The View tab, the Segmentation tab, and the Translation History tab.
- Interface Language:
- Set the interface language to English
- Set the interface language to Japanese
- Keyboard Shortcuts...
- Display the Keyboard shortcuts dialog box.
- Skip segments containing only numbers:
- Useful when translating tables of figures and the like. When selected, Felix will skip over number-only segments.
- Double-byte Characters:
- Skip if there are Asian chars: Skip any segments that contain Asian (Japanese/Korean/Chinese) characters. Skip unless there are Asian chars: Skip any segments that do not contain any Asian characters. Translate all (default): Translate all segments regardless of whether or not they contain Asian characters.
Translation History Tab
Use translation history: Select whether to use the Translation History feature in Excel. See Translation History for details.